Episode 7: 9 Signs That It's Time to Raise Your Prices
In this quick episode, we're talking about nine signs that it's time for a pricing change. Raising your prices can be really scary, but there are so many signs that it is time to make that change and take that leap. I walked through 9 signs that it may be time.
I talk about:
- 9 keys signs that it's time to raise your prices
- Learning how to run your cost of doing business
- Some times you may think that you need to lower pricing but it's often the opposite.
9 signs that it's time for a price change in your photography business:
1. You're booking more clients than you can handle.
2. You ran your taxes and you realized you spent more on props, software, and gear than you actually made from your services.
3. You're getting inquiries and then getting ghosted. (YES, this might mean it's time to RAISE prices, not lower them!)
4. Your clients are telling you that you're worth more than what you charge.
5. You start to resent working because it just doesn't feel 'worth it'.
6 Clients are asking you to do things you don't normally do. (Your price is so low they think they can walk all over you ;) )
7. You feel like you can't afford to outsource or hire out help.
8. You feel completely burnt out and overwhelmed.
9. You just plain want to make more money!
About Kate Hejde
Kate Hejde is the host and creator of How You Pictured It Podcast and Dear Kate Brand Strategy. She helps photographers create a profitable business that fits into their lives. With over 10 years of experience running her own photography business, while raising three kids, Kate believes that business is not one size fits all and that you define your own success. Kate teaches through her podcast as well as through course, group coaching, and 1:1 mentoring.
What's your pricing style? Take the quiz to find out!